NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These companies have a strong earnings record, moderate debt levels and are considered industry leaders in the products and services they offer. While some of them have high-dividend yields, a few have good returns on equity and are trading at safe beta value.
Based on average estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg, these five stocks have potential upsides ranging from 12% to 36%, buy recommendation of 69% and hold rating of 30%. The beta value for these stocks ranges between 0.9 and 1.2. Meanwhile, they also record significant cash flow per share and attractive P/E ratios below the industry averages.
The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
5. Cisco Systems (CSCO) is a global leader in networking solutions. It designs, manufactures and sells Internet protocol-based networking and related products to the communications and information technology industry. The company has 52,000 partners globally endorsing its offerings. Of the 46 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy and 39% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $21.28, about 12.1% higher than the current price, according to Bloomberg. For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, Cisco reported net sales of $11.3 billion, net income of $1.8 billion, or 33 cents per share, and non-GAAP net income of $2.3 billion, or 43 cents per share. The company's chairman and CEO recently said that the majority of restructuring has been completed and Cisco is now organized to successfully execute the strategy of providing intelligent networks, architectures and integrated products that solve customers' business problems. Cisco recently announced that it has completed the acquisition of privately held BNI Video, which supplies two video products that offer video back-office and content delivery network analytic capabilities. The acquisition will augment the capabilities of Cisco's Videoscape TV platform, which allows service providers to deliver compelling video experiences to any device over any Internet protocol network. For the 2012 second quarter, the company affirms revenue to be in the 7% to 8% range year-over-year, and GAAP earnings per share guidance of 8 cents to 11 cents from the previous view of $6.80 to $6.85 per diluted share, and diluted net income of $3.00 and $3.05 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV