SAO PAULO, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
1. The management of BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. ("BRF" – Bovespa: BRFS3; NYSE: BRFS) and of Marfrig Alimentos S.A. ("Marfrig" – Bovespa: MRFG3; ADR Level 1: MRTTY) hereby announce that, pursuant to the provisions of CVM (Brazilian Securities Commission) Instruction No. 358/02, and Paragraph 4 of Article 157 of the Brazilian Corporations Act (Law No. 6.404/76), and in accordance with the provisions of the Performance Commitment Agreement ("TCD") described in the Material Fact disclosed by BRF on July 13, 2011, effective as of this date, a binding agreement was entered into between BRF and Sadia S.A. ("Sadia"), on the one hand, and Marfrig Alimentos S.A. ("Marfrig"), on the other hand, for the purpose of setting forth the main terms and conditions necessary to complete the transaction described below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. According to the terms and conditions set forth in said TCD, BRF/Sadia on the one hand, and Marfrig, on the other hand, have agreed to the exchange:(a) of the following assets owned by BRF and/or Sadia that are listed in the TCD, as disclosed by BRF on July 13, 2011*: (a1) trademarks and intellectual property rights related to such trademarks; (a2) all assets and rights (including real property, facilities and equipment) related to specified plants; (a3) all assets and rights associated with eight (8) distribution centers; (a4) the productive capacity of the hog slaughtering plant, located in the city of Carambei; (a5) Sadia's entire interest, whether owned directly and or indirectly, in Excelsior Alimentos S.A. stock, which is equal to a 64.57% interest; (b) for the following assets owned by Marfrig and/or Quickfood S.A., a subsidiary of Marfrig headquartered in Argentina: (b1) certain assets located in Argentina related to the PATY brand, hamburger market leader in Argentina, including hamburger, cold cuts and vegetables processing sites and one beef slaughtering plant, as well as warehouses and distribution structure; (b2) the trademarks, patents and all other intellectual property related to the processed food brand Paty (and its related brands), Barny and Estancia Del Sur, including all other intellectual property rights related to such brands; (b3) hog farms and rural real property, all located in the State of Mato Grosso; (b4) PATY brand commercial operations in Uruguay and in Chile; and (b5) an additional payment in the amount of Two Hundred Million Reais (R$ 200,000,000.00), payable according to the terms and conditions to be agreed upon by the parties. 3. The transaction is subject to changes that may arise from legal, accounting, financial and operational due diligence procedures to be conducted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV