BALTIMORE, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of The Adams Express Company (NYSE: ADX) voted today to extend its share repurchase program and has authorized the repurchase of up to 5% of the outstanding shares of the Company's common stock (i.e., up to 4,446,272 shares) through December 31, 2012. Any purchases that occur will be made in the open market when the shares are trading at a discount of at least 10.0% and market conditions and portfolio management considerations otherwise warrant.
The repurchase program was initiated in 1999 and has been reauthorized by the Board each year since. The Company has not repurchased any shares this year under the repurchase program.
Adams Express is a Baltimore-based closed-end investment company. It is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol: ADX.
Safe Harbor Statement: To the extent that any statements made in this press release contain information that is not historical, these statements are essentially forward looking in nature and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including whether the Company decides to repurchase some, all, or no shares under the repurchase program, the performance of the portfolio of stocks held by the Fund, the conditions in the U.S. and international financial markets, and other markets, the price at which shares of the Fund will trade in the public markets, and other factors discussed in the Company's 2010 Annual Report and other Securities and Exchange Commission filings by the Company.For More Information: Lawrence L. Hooper, Jr.Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary410-752-5900 or 800-638-2479E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.adamsexpress.com SOURCE Adams Express Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV