Discount retailer Dollar General (DG) offers a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. This stock is trading up 2.3% at $40.39 in recent trading
Today's Volume: 2.8 million sharesAverage Volume: 2.4 million shares Volume % Change: 294% From a technical standpoint, DG has started to bounce hard today right off its 50-day moving average of $39.23 on strong volume. Any time a stock bounces big off its 50-day with volume it should be considered bullish. Market players should how watch this stock for a breakout trade if it can manage to clear some overhead resistance levels. Traders should look for a sustained high-volume move and close above $41.25. If that breakout hits, then DG will be trading in all-time high territory, which is very bullish for any stock. Dollar General, which shows up on a list of 6 Holiday Retail Stocks to Watch, is one of Warren Buffett's holdings -- Berkshire Hathaway increased its position in the stock by 200% in the most recently reported quarter -- and also shows up in Steven Cohen's SAC Capital's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV