Coinstar's (CSTR) core offerings in automated retail include its digital video disk business, where consumers can rent or purchase movies from self-service kiosks, and its coin business, where consumers can convert their coin to cash or stored value products at coin-counting self-service kiosks. The stock is trading up 6% at $46.72 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.6 million shares.Average Volume: 1.3 million shares Volume % Change: 195% From a technical standpoint, CSTR is gapping up today on heavy volume above its 50-day moving average at $46.40, and it's flirting with its 200-day moving average of $47.83. Market players should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above the 200-day. The volume today is very strong, so watch how CSTR closes. If we get that action, look for this stock to re-test some near-term overhead resistance at $49.50. A high-volume move above that level should setup CSTR for a big move higher in the near future. Coinstar, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated consumer services stocks, is oen of the top holdings of Whitney Tilson's T2 Partners as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV