Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company with a focus on developing and marketing products to predominantly specialist audiences, such as urologists, endocrinologists, certain targeted primary care physicians, hand surgeons, subsets of orthopedic, general, and plastic surgeons who focus on the hand, and rheumatologists. The stock is trading up 4% at $18.26 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 748,000 sharesAverage Volume: 744,889 shares Volume % Change: 154% Shares of AUXL are ripping higher today in a weak market after the company said it appointed Adrian Adams as president and CEO effective immediately. From a technical standpoint, AUXL has started to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $18.09 on heavy volume. The stock is now starting to flirt with getting back above its 200-day moving average of $19.02. A sustained move and close above $19.02 should set this stock up to ret-test its July high of $21 in the near future.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV