NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of The China Fund, Inc. (NYSE: CHN) (the "Fund") has declared capital gain and net investment income distributions in the estimated aggregate amount of $2.9964 per share. The capital gain portion of the distributions is comprised of long-term capital gains estimated at $2.8222 per share. The net investment income portion of the distributions is estimated to be $0.1742 per share. The precise amount of the distributions will be determined on the ex-dividend date of the distributions, at which time the Fund will make a further announcement. The distributions will be payable on December 29, 2011 to shareholders of record on December 23, 2011 with an ex-dividend date of December 21, 2011.
The Fund has a Dividend Reinvestment and Cash Purchase Plan (the "Plan") that is open to all shareholders. If the Fund shares trade at a premium to the net asset value of the Fund, the dividend reinvestment provides you as a shareholder the ability to invest in the Fund at an amount less than market price per share. If the Fund is trading at a discount, Plan participants will receive shares of the Fund valued at market price per share. All shareholders may elect to participate in the Plan and may withdraw at any time within the limitations described in the Plan.
Stockholders who have questions regarding the distribution may contact The Altman Group at 1‑888‑CHN‑CALL (246-2255). In addition, the Fund has posted on its website, www.chinafundinc.com, information regarding the distribution, including frequently asked questions.The Fund is a closed-end management investment company seeking long-term capital appreciation primarily through investment in the equity securities of companies engaged in a substantial amount of business in the People's Republic of China. The China Fund, Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CHN".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV