Having just 86 patients enrolled makes the bavi study more difficult to interpret. A smaller study is also more susceptible to differences in baseline characteristics of patients, so it will be important to see whether there are any significant differences in the patients enrolled in each arm of the study.
The bavi study is open label, meaning doctors and patients know if they're receiving bavi plus chemo or chemo alone. Open-label studies are more prone to biased results unless data is independently verified.
Peregrine's phase II study is enrolling lung cancer patients at 17 hospitals in the U.S., nine sites in India and 14 sites in Eastern Europe and Russia, according to a description of the study on ClinicalTrials.gov. Avastin plus chemo is the standard-of-care treatment for front-line lung cancer in the U.S., so how is Peregrine managing to enroll U.S. patients in a study that excludes Avastin?
Says Peregrine: "Avastin is not indicated for all front-line NSCLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV