SAN FRANCISCO and SYDNEY, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Loyalize ™ and Yahoo!7 today announced Fango – a new social app launched to provide Australian TV fans a unique, fun and real-time way to interact with their favorite television programs.
Fango was launched by Yahoo!7 – a 50-50 partnership between the Seven West Media Group and Yahoo! Inc. – to create a shared, companion experience that allows friends and fans to connect on iPhones and iPads with their favorite TV shows. Loyalize is an audience participation company that enables real-time interaction between television viewers, programming and advertisers.
"Fango by Yahoo!7 and Loyalize is the first example of a major digital media network in Australia rolling out such a social platform," said Kath Hamilton, Director of Operations, Yahoo!7. "Loyalize is the driving technology beneath Fango's social forum – a place where fans can chat about shows, vote in real time on what's happening, and win points, badges and real prizes."Initially launching on select Channel 7 programs, beginning February 2012 Australian viewers will be able to interact with all free-to-air primetime TV programs and major sporting events from Channel 7 and other networks. With Loyalize's technology, Fango lets fans:
Interact with real time polls and trivia scripted to synchronize with the action on the TV screen.
- Check in to favorite TV shows and sports events.
- Chat with fellow fans or filter conversations to Facebook friends.
- Read or comment on the official Facebook and Twitter conversations easily in one place. Access additional news, blogs and video related to the broadcast.
- Win points and badges by interacting with the show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV