Chipmaking giant Intel (INTC) has shown tremendous relative strength lately, rallying 27% in the last quarter vs. a 3.5% gain in the S&P 500. Now the question is whether that outperformance can continue.
While stocks with high relative strength are statistically more likely to continue to outperform in the three-to-10-month timeframe, we need something more actionable to justify taking a trade in this stock. That actionable item is Intel's test of $25.50 resistance this week.
Yesterday, shares broke out to a new 52-week high of $25.78, pushing through that $25.50 level in the process. Now it's going to be important to watch whether Intel's shares pull back. If shares can hold out above that $25.50 level, the buy signal for this stock comes on its next white bar day.Intel, one of the top-yielding electronics stocks, is one of Warren Buffett's new buys in the third quarter. It also shows up on a recent list of 5 Cash-Rich, Low-P/E Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV