Blog Recap: Jon Corzine Testifies on MF Global
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Former MF Global (MFGLQ.PK) CEO Jon Corzine said he doesn't know what happened to the hundreds of millions of dollars of customer money that has gone missing at the bankrupt broker-dealer.
In prepared testimony delivered in front of the House Committee on Agriculture Thursday morning, Corzine said he was not intimately involved with the mechanics of clearing and settlement trades or in the movement of cash or collateral and was not an expert in the "complicated rules and regulations " governing the various different operating businesses.
He said he was "stunned" to find out on the Sunday before MF Global filed bankruptcy on Oct. 31 that the company couldn't account for hundreds of millions of dollars of customer money."I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date," he said in his testimony. "I do not know which accounts are reconciled or whether the unreconciled accounts were or were not subject to the segregation rules."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV