10 Secret Santa Gifts for Less Than $15
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- When it comes to gifting, they say it's the thought that counts. But how are you supposed to be thoughtful when you barely know the person?
That's the challenge you face in a Secret Santa exchange, which often happens in a work setting where you might not know much about your recipient. Furthermore, most exchanges have a limit of just $10 or $15, which keeps you from spending too much money, but can also lead you into the trap of buying an awful, cheap gift. And nobody wants to be labeled as the "bad gifter."
|Need to buy an inexpensive gift for your Secret Santa gift exchange? We've got you covered.|
Here, then, are a few must-have gifts for less than $15.
The stand-by Secret Santa gift for most adults is a bottle of wine, and we can't really argue with that: It's easy to find a good bottle of wine for less than $10, and unless you work with wine connoisseurs, your recipient will likely enjoy it just as much as a more expensive bottle. But why not break the mold and get beer instead?
Does your intended recipient prefer stimulants to depressants? While a gift card to Starbucks (SBUX) or Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN) would do the trick, you could also buy your recipient the means to make his or her own coffee at home. Each coffee shop sells one-pound bags of ground coffee, with Dunkin' Donuts selling them for around $9 and Starbucks selling them in the $13 to $15 range. And if your caffeine fiend instead uses a Keurig machine, you're covered there, too. Dunkin' Donuts sells 14-packs of K-cups for around $11.99, and you can get Starbucks brand K-Cups at supermarkets and other large retailers; Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) sells 16-packs for $15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV