1. DeVry (DV) provides educational services and operates as the holding company of Advanced Academics, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College and Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University and Ross University, offering programs in business, healthcare and technology. In Aug. 2011, the company acquired the business operations of privately held American University of the Caribbean.
Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 55% recommended a buy and 45% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $48.31, about 37.6% higher than the current levels, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, DeVry reported total revenue of $519 million and net income of $57 million, or 83 cents of diluted earnings per share. During the quarter, total graduate course takers at DeVry University increased by 2.3% from the year-ago quarter. At DeVry Medical International, new enrollments increased 22.9% to 853, compared to 694 students on a pro forma basis in the prior-year term. At DeVry Brasil, new students increased by 29.2% during the quarter.The company raised its quarterly cash dividend by 25% to 30 cents per share from 24 cents payable Jan. 10, 2012 to share holders of record Dec. 8, 2011. DeVry's board has authorized a seventh share repurchase program totaling $100 million through Dec. 2013. The United States Olympic Committee has named DeVry as an official education provider for the U.S. Olympic and Paralympics athletes and training hopefuls through 2016. Carrington college has announced the opening of its new campus in Mesquite, located at 3733 West Emporium. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 For-Profit Education Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV