2. K12 (LRN) offers proprietary curriculum and educational services designed for individualized learning, primarily from kindergarten through 12th grade. Besides operating in 21 states, the company expanded into two new states in fiscal year 2011, Massachusetts and Michigan. In addition, LRN also operates three online private schools.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 70% recommend a buy and 20% rate a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is 32.5% higher than the current price of $36.71, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, K12 reported total revenue of $193.3 million, up 43.3% from $134.8 million in the same period a year ago. Net income to common and Series A shareholders was $4.6 million, or 12 cents per share, increasing 109% from $2.2 million, or 7 cents, in the same period last year.During the quarter, average enrollment was 141,525 students, rising 42% from 99,611 in the same period prior year. Recently, K12 announced a partnership with New York Times on a first of-its-kind education conference: "Schools for Tomorrow: Bringing Technology into the Class Room." Recently, the company partnered Kaplan test papers to offer a complete portfolio of college preparation solutions under the Kaplan K12 Learning Services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV