2. K12 (LRN) offers proprietary curriculum and educational services designed for individualized learning, primarily from kindergarten through 12th grade. Besides operating in 21 states, the company expanded into two new states in fiscal year 2011, Massachusetts and Michigan. In addition, LRN also operates three online private schools.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 70% recommend a buy and 20% rate a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is 32.5% higher than the current price of $36.71, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, K12 reported total revenue of $193.3 million, up 43.3% from $134.8 million in the same period a year ago. Net income to common and Series A shareholders was $4.6 million, or 12 cents per share, increasing 109% from $2.2 million, or 7 cents, in the same period last year.During the quarter, average enrollment was 141,525 students, rising 42% from 99,611 in the same period prior year. Recently, K12 announced a partnership with New York Times on a first of-its-kind education conference: "Schools for Tomorrow: Bringing Technology into the Class Room." Recently, the company partnered Kaplan test papers to offer a complete portfolio of college preparation solutions under the Kaplan K12 Learning Services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV