3. Bridgepoint Education (BPI) is a provider of postsecondary education services. The company's wholly owned subsidiaries, Ashford University and University of the Rockies, are regionally accredited academic institutions that offer associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in the disciplines of business, education, psychology, social sciences and health sciences. These institutions deliver programs online and on traditional campuses.
Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 77% recommend a buy and 23% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $28.25, or 25.1% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, Bridgepoint reported revenue of $242.7 million, up 27% from $190.9 million in the same quarter last year. Net income grew 21% to $43.8 million, or 78 cents per share, from $36.1 million, or 61 cents, for the same period a year ago.Enrollments at the institution rose to 90,597 as of Sep. 30, 2011, increasing 17.3% from 77,179 as of Sep. 2010. New student enrollments for the third quarter of 2011 were approximately 22,000, compared to 24,000 in the same quarter last year. For the nine-month period ended Sep. 2011, the institution had new student enrollments of approximately 68,600, compared with 66,750 for the same period in 2010, an increase of 2.8%. The company expects total enrollments of 83,000 to 85,000 at the end of Dec. 2011. Revenue for the fiscal year 2011 is seen in the range of $920 million to $926 million. Net income is pegged between $168.5 million and $170.3 million, or $2.95 to $2.98 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV