5. Apollo Group (APOL) is a provider of online and on-campus educational programs and services at the undergraduate, master's and doctoral levels through its subsidiaries University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, and Institute for Professional Development and College for Financial Planning. The company offers its programs and services in 40 states worldwide as well as online.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy and 37% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target is $54.09, about 9.4% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, the company reported net revenue of $1.12 billion. Net income attributable to Apollo Group was $188.6 million, or $1.37 per share, compared to $47.5 million, or 32 cents per share, for the same quarter prior year.For the fiscal year ended Aug. 2011 the company reported total revenue of $4.7 billion. Full-year net profit attributable to Apollo group was $569.9 million, or $4.02 per share, compared to $568.4 million, or $3.72 per share, a year ago. Cash and cash equivalents totaled $1517.7 million, vs. $1284.8 million in the prior year. The company estimates net revenue for fiscal 2012 in the range of $4.1 billion to $4.3 billion and operating income is seen between $655 million and $780 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV