BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The decision on rates by the European Central Bank ahead of the emergency European Union summit leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Thursday, Dec. 8.
Thursday's 5 Biggest Stories
Listen, Mario, the
ECB rate cut is nice and all. But tell us about more bond purchases, man!
Meanwhile, all eyes are on Brussels as the
emergency European Union summit on the debt crisis begins.
The outlook for a resolution can't be too positive if
European central banks are prepping for a euro breakup.
Quote of the Day"I simply do not know where the money is ... There were an extraordinary number of transactions during MF Global's last few days," former MF Global CEO Jon Corzine will tell the House Agriculture Committee, according to prepared remarks.
Company NewsCostco Wholesale (COST) is also seeing costs rise.
MarketsI don't want to alarm you, but the market is testing the same levels it broke through after the Lehman Brothers collapse.
Investment StrategyBank of America (BAC) shares have been on a tear lately. Here's how they could get back to $7.
Odds and EndsSo much for conviction: An Occupy Wall Street protestor now has a job on Wall Street.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV