Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE) reported net income attributable to GNE of $1.9 million ($0.09 per diluted share) for its first quarter of fiscal 2012, the three months ended October 31, 2011.
FIRST QUARTER FISCAL 2012 SUMMARY
|$ in millions, except EPS||1Q12||1Q11||YoY Change (%/$)|
|Gross margin percentage||36.7%||34.0%||+270 basis points|
|Research and Development Expense and Equity in the Net Loss of AMSO, LLC||$2.7||$2.5||+7.5%|
|EBITDA and income from operations||$4.0||$5.8||(31.9)%|
|Net income attributable to GNE||$1.9||$2.7||(40.8)%|
|Diluted EPS attributable to GNE||$0.09||$0.12||($0.03)|
|Net cash (used in) provided by operating activities||$(0.9)||$2.0||($2.9)|
Claude Pupkin, Genie Energy’s CEO, said, “We are delighted to be an independent, publicly traded company and pleased to report solid first quarter results even as we continued our significant investment in research and development of unconventional fuel resources. IDT Energy delivered a strong quarter, while our oil shale projects in Colorado and Israel continue to advance. Barring unanticipated delays, AMSO expects to begin its pilot test in Colorado’s Piceance Basin by the end of the year. In Israel, IEI is making progress on the design and permitting required to begin construction of its pilot test facility.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV