Hampden Bancorp Inc. Stock Downgraded (HBNK)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hampden Bancorp (Nasdaq:HBNK) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HAMPDEN BANCORP INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HAMPDEN BANCORP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.28 versus $0.20).
- The gross profit margin for HAMPDEN BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.60% trails the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, HBNK has outperformed against the industry average of 20.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 1.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $0.54 million to $0.54 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.85 million or 309.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV