American Safety Insurance (NYSE:ASI) has launched an enhanced version of its Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) package policy, which was created specifically to cover pollution-related exposures for artisan, trade and general contractors.
“American Safety is the longest, continuous market to serve the Environmental space,” said Preston Starr, Vice President of Environmental Underwriting at ASI. “That dedication to the Environmental space is what drives our innovation and commitment to our customers. I am absolutely certain that our new CPL coverage, in particular, will provide value to our brokers and insureds - it’s a great form!”
Producers will find that the newer forms are more concise and clear with many new enhancements. CPL package now also provides:
- Emergency Response Expense (for voluntary payments condition)
- Definition of Cleanup costs which includes repair or replacement of property damaged during cleanup
- Worldwide coverage for short periods limited to suits brought in the US
- Asbestos Abatement and Lead Abatement (within the coverage form)
- Mold on occurrence basis (mold is included in definition of pollutant)
- Transportation Pollution included for most risks
- Contractors Non-Owned Disposal Site coverage included for most risks
- Standard defense outside of the limits
ASI is rated “A” (Excellent) IX by A.M. Best and offers environmental products including: general liability, contractor’s pollution liability and professional liability coverages on both an admitted and non-admitted basis. Limits of up to $11 million are available, with minimum premiums beginning at $2,500 and minimum retention of $2,500. Project-specific policies are also available.For more information on ASI’s products for the environmental industry, call 1-800-388-3647 or visit www.amsafety.com. ABOUT ASI For 25 years, American Safety Insurance (ASI) has provided innovative insurance solutions for a variety of specialty risks underwritten by American Safety Casualty Insurance Company, American Safety Indemnity Company and American Safety Risk Retention Group, Inc., which, as a group, are rated "A" (Excellent) IX by A.M. Best. ASI also provides captive cell services through a U.S.-based segregated cell account captive. ASI is a subsidiary of American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd., (NYSE:ASI), a Bermuda-based holding company. For more information, visit www.amsafety.com.