Bank of Montreal (BMO) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Bank of Montreal fell 68 cents (-1.2%) to $56.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Bank of Montreal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 946,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.77-$56.74 after having opened the day at $56.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.18. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Mercantile Bancorp (MBR), down 29.3%, Bank of the Carolinas (BCAR), down 23.8%, Central Federal (CFBK), down 18%, and Bank VA Chesterfield (BOVA), down 17.7%. Bank of Montreal, together with its subsidiaries, provides a range of retail banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and solutions in North America and internationally. Bank of Montreal has a market cap of $37.56 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 11.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Bank of Montreal a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of Montreal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BMO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV