United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) (UPS): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS (UPS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, United Parcel Service Inc (UPS rose $1.51 (2.1%) to $73.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.5 million shares of United Parcel Service Inc (UPS exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.50-$73.66 after having opened the day at $71.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.80. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: AMR (AMR), up 44.9%, US Airways Group (LCC), up 6.5%, Diana Containerships (DCIX), up 5.1%, and JetBlue Airways Corporation (JBLU), up 5.1%. United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package, International Package, and Supply Chain & Freight. The U.S. United Parcel Service Inc (UPS has a market cap of $52.06 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate United Parcel Service Inc (UPS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates United Parcel Service as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV