Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Marvell Technology Group rose 48 cents (3.4%) to $14.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14.1 million shares of Marvell Technology Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.16-$14.70 after having opened the day at $14.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.10. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: BTU International (BTUI), up 11.8%, LightPath Technologies (LPTH), up 11.1%, Energy Conversion Devices (ENER), up 10.4%, and SMTC Corporation (SMTX), up 9.8%. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. designs, develops, and markets analog, mixed-signal, digital signal processing, and embedded and standalone ARM-based microprocessor integrated circuits. Marvell Technology Group has a market cap of $8.04 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Marvell Technology Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marvell Technology Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Marvell Technology Group Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MRVL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV