Enersis (ENI) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Enersis rose 21 cents (1.2%) to $18.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 512,223 shares of Enersis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 613,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.83-$18.15 after having opened the day at $17.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.87. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), up 9.4%, Dynegy (DYN), up 4.8%, Korea Electric Power (KEP), up 3%, and National Grid (NGG), up 1.5%. Enersis S.A., an electric utility company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Peru. It owns and operates hydroelectric, thermal, and wind power plants. Enersis has a market cap of $11.76 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.1, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 9.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Enersis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Enersis as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Enersis Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ENI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV