Simon Property Group (SPG), the largest retail real estate investment trust (REIT) in the U.S., is Goldman's top pick in the financial sector, with a quality score of 87. It owns shopping malls and a wide range of retail stores. The company is expected to increase earnings 6% next year.
Its shares have a three-year average annual return of 36%, giving the company a $34 billion market value. Its shares have a dividend yield of 3.1%.
Walgreen (WAG), the nation's largest retail drugstore chain with about 7,700 stores, earned a quality score of 88 from Goldman. Its earnings growth rate next year is estimated at 8% per share. Its shares have a three-year average annual return of 11.5%, giving Walgreen's a market value of $29 billion. Its shares carry a dividend yield of 2.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV