4. Coldwater Creek
Coldwater Creek (CWTR) once again makes the list of retail losers, with shares sinking 70% for the year-to-date.
The company reported its sixth consecutive quarterly loss in October, with its loss more than doubling from last year. But revenue came in slightly ahead of Wall Street's estimates and management lifted its fourth-quarter outlook.
Coldwater Creek now expects a fourth-quarter loss in the range of 13 cents to 21 cents per share, narrower than its prior outlook of a loss between 17 cents and 36 cents. Analysts are calling for a loss of 23 cents.The women's apparel retailer has been grappling with inventory issues and merchandise misses, resulting in weaker traffic by its core shopper. CEO Dennis Pence said he is confident in the company's holiday offerings, which mark the first line that was fully developed under Coldwater's new merchandising team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV