1. Pacific Sunwear of California
Pacific Sunwear of California (PSUN) needed to do something fast or it was facing its demise, and the company answered the call somewhat after Wednesday's closing bell, revealing plans to close as many as 200 underperforming stores and obtaining a loan from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital.
As of Wednesday's close, the stock was down 76% for the year. In after-hours action, the shares gained more than 40%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV