General Electric dividend story updated to include forecast from UBS in seventh paragraph.
Such a rise would translate to a 5.1% yield given the GE stock price of $16.61 Wednesday afternoon.
As part of regulatory changes made in the wake of the 2008, GE's financial arm, GE Capital, is now regulated by the Federal Reserve. GE Capital executives spoke optimistically to investors Tuesday about resuming a regular dividend to the parent, which prompted Young to become more optimistic in his projections.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV