Company Profile: Colgate-Palmolive (CL) manufactures and markets a number of products in the U.S. and around the world in two distinct business segments: oral, personal and home care; and pet nutrition.
Liability Adjusted Cash Flow Yield: 3.71%
Dividend Yield: 2.56%Dividend Acid Test: Pass TheStreet Ratings' Grade: Buy (A) -- Colgate-Palmolive's gross profit margin for the third quarter of its fiscal year 2011 is essentially unchanged when compared to the same period a year ago. The company managed to grow both sales and net income at a faster pace than the average competitor in its industry this quarter as compared to the same quarter a year ago. Colgate-Palmolive has weak liquidity. Currently, the Quick Ratio is 0.62, which shows a lack of ability to cover short-term cash needs. The liquidity decreased from the same period a year ago, despite already having weak liquidity to begin with. This would indicate deteriorating cash flow. During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has remained unchanged from the same quarter last year. Overall, the key liquidity measurements indicate that the company is in a position in which financial difficulties could develop in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV