Temple-Inland Stockholders Overwhelmingly Approve Merger With International Paper
Temple-Inland Inc. (NYSE: TIN) announced that at its Special Meeting of Stockholders held today, Temple-Inland stockholders voted to approve the adoption of the merger agreement with International Paper Company (IP), with 86,908,118 shares of Temple-Inland common stock voting in favor of the merger, representing over 98 percent of the shares voted. All other matters submitted to a vote of the stockholders were also approved.
Completion of the merger is subject to other customary closing conditions, including the receipt of regulatory approval.
About Temple-Inland Inc.
Temple-Inland Inc. is a manufacturing company focused on corrugated
packaging and building products. The fully integrated corrugated
packaging operation consists of 7 mills and 57 converting facilities.
The building products operation manufactures a diverse line of building
products for new home construction, commercial and repair and remodeling
markets. Temple-Inland's address on the World Wide Web is
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV