1. Enersis, a Chile-based holding company, engages in the generation, transmission and distribution of electric energy. The parent company of Grupo Enersis, it has its operations in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 71% rate it a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. The stock's average 12-month price target is $23.40, which is 30.9% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company reported net profit of $319.02 million. Enersis recorded strong growth of 7.6% and 4.9% in electricity demand from its operations in Peru and Chile, respectively, for the January-September period. As of Sept. 30, the company recorded strong cash and cash equivalents of $1,797 million. Gross margin for the latest quarter was 43.01%.The company's customer base for its distribution business expanded to almost 355,000 subscribers in the first nine months of 2011, indicating that organic growth was a major stabilizing factor for its cash flows. Enersis' total customers reached 13.5 million with a consumption increase of 1% per household. The distribution business recorded 3.3% growth in operating revenues. Meanwhile, in the generation and transmission business, consolidated physical sales rose 1.2% to 47,857 GWh. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Utility Stocks to Light Up a Portfolio portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV