2. Copel (ELP), or Companhia Paranaense de Energia, is a fully integrated electric utility in Brazil. The company engages in the business of generation, transmission and distribution of electric power. Copel runs a generating complex of 18 power plants, while its transmission system totals 1,913 kilometers of lines and 31 automated substations.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, four rate it a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. The stock's average 12-month price target is $26.00, about 27.3% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
The company reported strong 2011 third-quarter net revenue of $1,235.6 million, an increase of 15.3% from the year-ago quarter, driven by higher electricity sales volumes. Net income for the quarter increased 22.1% to $209.3 million, or 76 cents per share, from the same quarter a year before. As of Sept. 30, the company had 3.88 million customers, vs. 3.81 million as of June.For the first nine months of 2011, the upturn in COPEL's captive market consumption was 5.5%, or 16,858 GWh. For fiscal 2011, COPEL has a capital investment plan of 2,060.5 million reals, with 49.7% on generation and transmission, 45.3% on distribution and 5.0% on telecommunications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV