Regency Centers (REG) is a trust that owns and manages 215 neighborhood shopping centers spread throughout 28 states and co-owns another 181 shopping centers with partners. In total, Regency lays claim to 45 million square feet of leasable space.
At present, Regency's short interest ratio weighs in at 10.3; that means that it would take short sellers more than two weeks to cover their positions at current volume levels.Because Regency anchors 80% of its shopping centers with grocery stores, there's an organic draw for consumers to visit stores -- and the trust can market its properties better than management firms that don't draw the same crowds. Demographics are also important for Regency: because the firm locates its properties in relatively affluent middle class locations, the firm has been benefitting from positive spending trends now that much of consumers' anxiety about the economy has settled.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV