Regency Centers (REG) is a trust that owns and manages 215 neighborhood shopping centers spread throughout 28 states and co-owns another 181 shopping centers with partners. In total, Regency lays claim to 45 million square feet of leasable space.
At present, Regency's short interest ratio weighs in at 10.3; that means that it would take short sellers more than two weeks to cover their positions at current volume levels.Because Regency anchors 80% of its shopping centers with grocery stores, there's an organic draw for consumers to visit stores -- and the trust can market its properties better than management firms that don't draw the same crowds. Demographics are also important for Regency: because the firm locates its properties in relatively affluent middle class locations, the firm has been benefitting from positive spending trends now that much of consumers' anxiety about the economy has settled.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV