3. Alexandria Real Estate Equities (ARE) offers real estate and related services to the life science industry. The company has a market cap exceeding $4 billion. It had 171 properties aggregating gross rentable area of approximately 14.9 million square feet, as of Oct. 25.
Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 73% recommend a buy and 27% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is about 14.3% higher than the current price at $77.17, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
The company reported total revenue of $143.4 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, up 19.2% from $120.3 million in the same period prior year. Net income amounted to $32.9 million, up 8% from 430.4 million in the corresponding quarter earlier year. In the third quarter, the company executed 56 leases for 985,000 rentable square feet, including 458,000 rentable square feet of Redevelopment and Development Space -- the second highest single quarter of leasing activity in its history.Alexandria recently declared a quarterly cash dividend of 49 cents per common share for the fourth quarter of 2011 payable Jan. 17, 2012 to shareholders of record Dec. 30, 2011. The company recently broke ground for its $500 million Alexandria Center at Kendall Square in Cambridge, a 1.73 million s/f, 11-acre, build-to-suit science and technology campus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV