4. Two Harbors Investment (TWO) operates as an REIT that focuses on investing in asset classes including residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans and others. It has a market cap exceeding $1 billion. The company is managed and advised by PRCM Advisers, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pine River Capital Management.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 83% recommend a buy and 17% rate a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $10.59, about 11.3% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For 2011 third quarter, Two Harbors reported net income attributable to common stockholders of $54.6 million, or 42 cents per diluted share, compared to $9.9 million, or 28 cents per diluted share, in the same quarter prior year. The company's portfolio of residential mortgage-backed securities generated an aggregate yield of 5.5%, driven by non-agency portfolio performance of 9.8% in the third quarter of 2011 as compared to 8.8% in the previous quarter.The company paid quarterly dividend of 40 cents per common shares on Oct. 20. Its board of directors has authorized the repurchase of up to 10 million shares of common stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV