Great Basin Gold Executes US$150 Million Credit Facility
VANCOUVER, Dec. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Great Basin Gold Ltd, ("Great Basin" or the "Company"), (TSX: GBG) (NYSE Amex: GBG) (JSE: GBG) today announced that all parties have executed the Term Facility Agreement for the previously announced US$150 million finance facility (the "facility") provided by Credit Suisse AG and Standard Chartered Bank on a co-arranger basis. Following the fulfillment of customary conditions precedent which include finalization of ancillary agreements, counsel opinions and execution of the restructured Zero Cost Collar ("ZCC") hedge agreement, the transaction is expected to close, with funds expected to be available for draw down, on or before December 15, 2011.
The facility, for which the Burnstone project is primary security, has a maximum term of 5 years from date of draw down, with capital repayment commencing March 15, 2013 and bears interest at a margin of 4% over the USD LIBOR rate. Proceeds from this facility will be used to settle the outstanding principle amount of Term loan 1 (refer interim financial statements for the period ending September 30, 2011) and amounts drawn down under the standby debt facility (closed in August 2011).
Ferdi Dippenaar, CEO and President commented; "We are extremely pleased with the speed and efficiency with which this low cost facility was arranged and executed by the lenders. Following the operational delays the credit facility provides the funding required to finance the additional development to help enable the delivery of the previously announced 2012 production build-up plan at Burnstone."
For additional details on Great Basin and its gold properties, please visit the Company's website at www.grtbasin.com or contact Investor Services:No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained in this news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV