Not only is the 24-hour joint that gave America the Grand Slam breakfast and a grilled cheese sandwich filled with mozzarella sticks open on Christmas, but the holiday is the chain's busiest day of the year.
According to a Denny's representative, 1,236,633 diners filled Denny's booths on Christmas Day last year, with most popping in between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Those customers aren't waiting for the waitress to carve them off a slice of ham or turkey, either; 233,812 Build Your Own Grand Slam meals were served last Christmas, making it the holiday's top seller.
In Denny's defense, the Build Your Own Grand Slam does get dressed up a bit for the holiday. This season's options include bread pudding french toast with a sweet cream glaze, brown sugar ham steak and pumpkin pie pancakes. The rest of the menu gets into the spirit as well by offering a holiday turkey dinner with turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and a choice of two sides and holiday turkey melt sandwich with turkey breast and stuffing topped with melted swiss, served with a shmear of cranberry honey mustard spread and a cup of turkey gravy for dipping.It's not exactly Norman Rockwell's idea of a holiday at the dining room table, but you can always get your Red Velvet Pancake Puppies with cream cheese to go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV