Not only is the 24-hour joint that gave America the Grand Slam breakfast and a grilled cheese sandwich filled with mozzarella sticks open on Christmas, but the holiday is the chain's busiest day of the year.
According to a Denny's representative, 1,236,633 diners filled Denny's booths on Christmas Day last year, with most popping in between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Those customers aren't waiting for the waitress to carve them off a slice of ham or turkey, either; 233,812 Build Your Own Grand Slam meals were served last Christmas, making it the holiday's top seller.
In Denny's defense, the Build Your Own Grand Slam does get dressed up a bit for the holiday. This season's options include bread pudding french toast with a sweet cream glaze, brown sugar ham steak and pumpkin pie pancakes. The rest of the menu gets into the spirit as well by offering a holiday turkey dinner with turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and a choice of two sides and holiday turkey melt sandwich with turkey breast and stuffing topped with melted swiss, served with a shmear of cranberry honey mustard spread and a cup of turkey gravy for dipping.It's not exactly Norman Rockwell's idea of a holiday at the dining room table, but you can always get your Red Velvet Pancake Puppies with cream cheese to go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV