If a family that's lost the will to cook on Christmas is fortunate enough to live near one of Luby's 95 U.S. locations, the comfort-food chain is willing to set the holiday menu for the right price.
Much like Boston Market, Luby's best attempts at setting the holiday table come through its heat-and-serve meals. For $80, a family of 10 to 12 gets its choice of a whole roasted turkey, whole smoked turkey, whole deep-fried turkey, whole roasted turkey breast, spiral ham or a turkey breast and spiral ham combo with trimmings, rolls and either a pumpkin or pecan pie. Bump the holiday order up to $110 and Luby's will sub in roasted prime beef, mashed potatoes, strawberry cheesecake and holiday pie.
If you don't need the whole meal, Luby's will supply those meat options, sides such as caramelized yams and macaroni au gratin and desserts including chocolate ice box pie or German chocolate cake a la carte. All of the above still takes two to two and a half hours to heat, which is why those who want to limit their workload to lifting glasses of eggnog and passing out to a Love Actually DVD should consider Luby's catering service for 10 or more that runs from $7 to $11 a head.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV