Principal Financial Group (PFG) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Principal Financial Group rose 32 cents (1.3%) to $25.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Principal Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.94-$25.72 after having opened the day at $25.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.15. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), up 19.5%, Manhattan Bridge Capital (LOAN), up 9.4%, Investors Capital Holdings (ICH), up 8.1%, and Ladenburg Thalman Financial Services (LTS), up 7.2%. Principal Financial Group, Inc. provides retirement savings, investment, and insurance products and services worldwide. Principal Financial Group has a market cap of $7.42 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Principal Financial Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Principal Financial Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Principal Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PFG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV