Moog Inc. (MOG.A): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Winner
Moog (MOG.A) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Moog rose 35 cents (0.8%) to $42.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 159,808 shares of Moog exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 206,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.77-$42.92 after having opened the day at $42.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.12. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Taser International (TASR), up 3.7%, Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (SWHC), up 3.7%, Ducommun (DCO), up 3.1%, and GenCorp (GY), up 2.2%. Moog Inc. designs, manufactures, and integrates precision motion and fluid controls and systems for various applications in aerospace and defense, industrial, and medical markets. Moog has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Moog as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Moog Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV