Imperial Oil (IMO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Imperial Oil fell 66 cents (-1.5%) to $42.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 261,809 shares of Imperial Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 370,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.44-$43.49 after having opened the day at $43.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.51. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Cano Petroleum (CFW), down 16.5%, Qiao Xing Universal Resources (XING), down 14.6%, Mechel OAO (MTL), down 11%, and Cubic Energy (QBC), down 8.3%. Imperial Oil Limited engages in the exploration, production, and sale of crude oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemical. Imperial Oil has a market cap of $36.07 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.1, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 11.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Imperial Oil a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Imperial Oil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Imperial Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IMO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV