BARCELONA, Spain, Dec. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Victor Grifols Roura, president and managing director of Grifols, has been selected as the "Business Leader of the Year 2011" by the Spain – U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the premier forum fostering commercial, economic and industrial relations between Spain and the United States. This award, given annually, recognizes the professional career of business leaders who stand out in their industries, as well as their contribution to the globalization of the economy. In the case of Victor Grifols, his leadership as sales manager of Grifols since 1979, and as president and managing director since 1987 has driven the transition of Grifols and allowed it to grow from a family company to the third largest producer of plasma protein therapies worldwide.
The award will be presented by
Angeles Gonzalez Sinde, Minister of Cultural Affairs of the Government of
Spain during the gala dinner that will take place on
December 6th, 2011 at the Hotel Pierre in
New York, and attendees will include notable political and business figures from both
the United States.
Victor Grifols Roura studied Business Science at the University of Barcelona and joined Grifols in 1973. A man of great strategic and commercial vision, as the Commercial Director he was the architect of the restoration of Grifols' sales network in Spain. Additionally, as managing director, he was responsible for the in-depth reorganization of the company that allowed it to establish the basis for the multinational group that Grifols is today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV