News Corp. (NWSA) is a media conglomerate run by Rupert Murdoch. Its empire spans the globe and includes cable-TV programming, where it gets half of its revenue. Businesses include the Fox broadcast network in the U.S. and 27 local TV stations, as well as an international direct-broadcast satellite division. The company also publishes newspapers in Australia, the U.K. and the U.S.
Church said that "despite massive negative headlines" hurting the stock due to a still-unfolding newspaper telephone snooping scandal in England, "there's tremendous asset value underneath this stock. It's a classic value stock and will continue to realize significant appreciation in the next 12 months."Its shares are up 23% this year and have a three-year average annual return of 30%, resulting in a market value of $45 billion. Its shares carry a projected dividend yield of 1.07%.
FMC Corp. (FMC) makes a range of chemicals, including phosphates and soda ash, and they can be used as food additives, in agricultural pesticides and pharmaceuticals. Church says the company's manufacture of high-grade lithium is a growing part of its business. The chemical is used in batteries that can be used to power everything from a mobile phone or other communication device to electric cars, which provides "high potential for growth," Church says. FMC's shares are up 6% this year and over 10 years have an average annual return of 19.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV