Qualcomm (QCOM) is the developer and owner of code division multiple access technology, a communications standard used in wireless networks. It has leveraged that expertise into the semiconductor market, where it is a key supplier of chips to wireless handset makers and also generates royalty revenue by licensing its intellectual property.
Church said the company is "in a sweet spot as a mobility (products supplier) in that it's product-agnostic. It doesn't matter if it's an Android or Apple mobile device, Qualcomm has exposure to them all" as the company has ownership of a technology that makes them the go-to company in portable communications. "They have a technology lead that makes them sort of the new Intel (INTC)."Qualcomm continues to diversify, announcing Monday that it's boosting its wireless health-care efforts, which will help customers connect their home medical-monitoring devices to an online database and access the data from their cellphones, PCs and other devices. Qualcomm shares are up 12% this year and have an average annual return of 21% over three years, resulting in a $92 billion market value. The shares carry a 1.58% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV