â¿¿ Commercial and industrial loans are accelerating
â¿¿ Loan defaults and those falling behind on payments are declining.
â¿¿ Shares of many regional and local banks continued to trade at 30 to 40 percent below long-term averages.
Reynolds said the recent stock rally hasn't significantly softened uncertainty in the financial markets."As a result, we continue to seek the relative safety of our focus stocks, which in our view collectively offer high-quality management teams operating well-positioned business models, but with the added protection of strong and safe dividends and/or active share repurchase programs," he wrote in an investor note. His current focus list includes Bank of Hawaii, Columbia Banking System Inc., which rose 7 cents to $18.57, Cullen/Frost and Iberiabank. He recommends buying stock in all four. A few saw shares rise, including Hancock Holding Co., which was up 23 cents to $30.77 and BancorpSouth Inc., which rose 8 cents to $10.02.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV