WhiteSmoke (WHSM) is the smallest of these three offerings. The company's products, which are offered online, specialize in language translation and improving writing skills.
WhiteSmoke is looking to raise $17 million through the sale of 1.87 million shares at between $8 and $10 each. Gaskins expressed some concern that a company known for its grammar product had an S-1 filing that needed editing.
One positive development for WhiteSmoke is that it entered into a promotion and distribution agreement with Google (GOOG) for a free trial on Google Chrome. If this new sales and marketing relationship is successful, it would be a positive for the stock.
--Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV