BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The eurozone is continuing to dominate the news cycle this week, most recently after Standard & Poor's put 15 European nations on review for a debt downgrade yesterday.
If S&P does go through with a downgrade, the decision would apply to $8.1 trillion of government debt. Meanwhile, stocks -- both here at home and in Europe -- have been taking advantage of a prodigious rally for the last week and change, as investors shrug off the latest debt concerns.
Volatility is still a big factor in the market right now. The question is how best to take advantage of it now that it's bouncing stocks higher instead of holding them underwater. To answer that question this week, let's take a look at five promising technical setups in eurozone-domiciled stocks. These names have considerable exposure to the euro as well as exposure to economies across the pond.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Without further ado, here's a look at five eurozone technical setups that could deliver breakout gains to your portfolio this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV