Shares Citigroup (C) closed at $28.17 Friday, declining 28% from September 3, 2010, adjusting for the 1-for-10 reverse split on May 6.
On Nov. 29, U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff in Manhattan rejected the company's agreement to settle securities fraud charges with the Securities and Exchange commission for $285 million, while neither admitting or denying guilt. The judge said that the agreement was "neither reasonable, nor fair, nor adequate, nor in the public interest."Please see TheStreet's full coverage of Citigroup's third-quarter results , including international revenue growth and the continued progress of CEO Vikram Pandit's strategy to unwind non-core assets. Sterne Agee analyst Todd Hagerman on Nov. 17 reiterated his "Buy" rating on Citi, with a $40 price target, saying "the risk/reward on the shares should continue to improve steadily as management repairs its credibility gap with investors." The shares trade for 6.4 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $4.37 among analysts polled by FactSet, and for 0.6 times tangible book value, according to SNL Financial. Out of 21 analysts covering Citigroup, 15 rate the shares a buy, four have neutral ratings, and two recommend selling the shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV