Ambow Education Holding Ltd. Stock Upgraded (AMBO)
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 49.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMBOW EDUCATION HLDGS -ADR has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.87 versus $0.43).
- AMBO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.72 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Diversified Consumer Services industry average. The net income increased by 15.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $5.19 million to $6.01 million.
- AMBO's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 41.92%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.