Dec. 5, 2011
/PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Institute of Technology ("
") and Recharge Solutions Int'l LLC ("RSI") kicked off a unique pilot project at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center on
, 2011. The event featured demonstrations of the newly installed RSI level II 220 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging system and 110 volt electric fleet charging system. The RSI Systems are the first in the nation specifically designed for multi-level garages and fleets.
The RSI 220 volt Level II chargers will be available to the University's faculty, students and visitors 24/7. Users can register for short or long term charging and pay by credit card on an hourly or monthly basis. The RSI Fleet System will enable the University to effectively monitor the usage and costs of its present electric vehicle fleet.
recognizes the importance of reducing dependence on foreign oil and pollution from our cars. The RSI EV charging systems will allow us to provide this new technology for cars and our fleet and upon successful conclusion of the pilot project we anticipate expanding the two systems as demand grows for electric vehicles," said
, Georgia Tech Director of Transportation.
The RSI System offers a unique patent-pending design, which features:
- Flexibility to accommodate all garage configurations and parking facilities cost-effectively;
- Scalability to expand from one car or over 200 cars simultaneously, as EV demand develops;
- Ability to control access, time of use, payment method and provide on-going management information;
- Ability to provide local utilities with actual EV charging usage data;
- Unique ability to manage any alternative fuel (i.e., natural gas, hydrogen, etc.), thereby assuring long-term viability for garage and fleet owners/operators.
"We are excited to provide
with our advanced EV charging Systems. We believe the pilot projects will clearly demonstrate the value that our Systems can provide to multi-level garage and fleet owners," said
, CEO of Recharge Solutions Int'l.
One of the nation's top research universities,
is situated on a 400 acre campus in Atlanta. The school provides a focused, technology-based education for 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Recharge Solutions Int'l LLC, based in
, is a leader in electric vehicle management and integrated electric vehicle charging systems for multi-level garages, fleets and parking facilities.
For further information contact 1-888-OK-RECHG (888-657-3244) or
SOURCE Recharge Solutions Int'l LLC