Georgia Tech Installs Recharge Solutions EV Charging System
ATLANTA, Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Institute of Technology (" Georgia Tech") and Recharge Solutions Int'l LLC ("RSI") kicked off a unique pilot project at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center on December 5, 2011. The event featured demonstrations of the newly installed RSI level II 220 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging system and 110 volt electric fleet charging system. The RSI Systems are the first in the nation specifically designed for multi-level garages and fleets.
The RSI 220 volt Level II chargers will be available to the University's faculty, students and visitors 24/7. Users can register for short or long term charging and pay by credit card on an hourly or monthly basis. The RSI Fleet System will enable the University to effectively monitor the usage and costs of its present electric vehicle fleet.
" Georgia Tech recognizes the importance of reducing dependence on foreign oil and pollution from our cars. The RSI EV charging systems will allow us to provide this new technology for cars and our fleet and upon successful conclusion of the pilot project we anticipate expanding the two systems as demand grows for electric vehicles," said Lance Lunsway, Georgia Tech Director of Transportation.
The RSI System offers a unique patent-pending design, which features:
- Flexibility to accommodate all garage configurations and parking facilities cost-effectively;
- Scalability to expand from one car or over 200 cars simultaneously, as EV demand develops;
- Ability to control access, time of use, payment method and provide on-going management information;
- Ability to provide local utilities with actual EV charging usage data;
- Unique ability to manage any alternative fuel (i.e., natural gas, hydrogen, etc.), thereby assuring long-term viability for garage and fleet owners/operators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV